It seems that nothing goes as planned when I’m working on my little diorama. + I know what I want to tackle next but things happen beyond my control so I can’t procure what I need to make that particular project happen. + I always assume that giving myself a week can work in most instances, but when items take a week to arrive I have to shift and try something else. + What also happens is the idea in my head doesn’t translate well once I see it, and touch it. + There are so many factors when it comes to completing some of the projects that I have planned. + Even though I can’t always do what I want I always want to tackle something, no matter how small. + So here’s a re-cap.
TASK #1: Lighting
I got these cute metal indoor/outdoor string lights from Michael’s. + The allure was that I could remove the lantern and use them individually. + You may be wondering…why not just string the lights and hang them all. + There are 10 little lanterns to a string, which is too many. Hanging them all will crowd the space leaving little to no head room.
My idea was to use some tea lights (I have on hand) in place of the string light, but when I paired them together, they were awkward. I could glue the light to the lantern and affix that to the ceiling, but that leaves me no way to access the on-off switch once hung or the battery.
Ok that’s problem, but the solution is individual LED lantern light.s + The light has a hook at the base so I can use the same C-hook or wire (after I fill the holes in the ceiling) to suspend the light. + Amazon does have them (great!) but it means more waiting for that to arrive, so the lights will be waiting until next weekend.
Task #2: Mini Flower Pots
I decided to maximize headroom in the space by not hanging the plants as I had planned but, creating a faux living wall using the plants that I got for $1.99 from Michael’s. + I already had everything on hand. + I pulled the plant from the pot, glued them to my chalk wall, and added some rocks which I had on hand. + I got some inspiration from Pinterest to add some hand lettering for spring, and that’s it! + Now I have a faux living wall that can be swapped out whenever I decide to change the decor.
The succulents pulled from the mini pot
Adding some hand lettering
Thanks so much for visiting my blog + and come back Sunday as I finish my lantern lighting on the Dollplace Project.
++ Want to know more about my dollies + click here ++
++ For a picture gallery of all my past projects + click here ++
+ Nikon D90
+ Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G
+ Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D
+ iPhone 6+
+ Aputure Amaran Halo AHL-H100 LED Ring Flash Light
+ Adobe Lightoom
+ Adobe Photoshop